The Old School Surgery

Manor Road, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2JD
Tel: 0117 965 3102 Fax: no longer in use

I need Travel Vaccinations

We only offer travel vaccinations that you are entitled to have free through the NHS – these are Hepatitis A, Typhoid and Tetanus/Diphtheria/Polio booster

Travel Clinics

Please visit the National Travel Health Netwotk and Centre website. You can click here for the website.

  1. Click on the Travel Pro section.
  2. Click your country of destination from the A-Z search.
  3. Select the vaccinations section from the mini menu. Print this page.
  4. If a country has Malaria outbreaks then click on the Malaria link on the above website.
  5. Print this page.

Please bring all print-outs to the surgery when you attend for your appointment, which should be booked at least one month before travel.

We will only provide the vaccinations listed as “Recommended”, not the ones listed as “To be considered”.

The following vaccines are available free on the NHS for overseas travel and can be administered here at the practice:

  • Typhoid fever
  • Hepatitis A
  • Poliomyelitis/Tetanus/Diptheria

The following vaccines are not normally available through the NHS for overseas travel:

  • Hepatitis B
  • Rabies
  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Meningococcal vaccines
  • Tick borne encephalitis
  • Yellow fever

If we think that you require any of these, we will recommend you visit a specialist travel clinic such as Nomad (Tel 0117-922 6567) or MASTA (0845 612 3772) where a charge will be payable.


  • Make sure you have enough of any current medication to see you through your trip. This might include contraceptive pills, inhalers etc. You may also consider taking remedies for diarrhoea and/or travel sickness with you.
  • A dental check up before you travel may prevent problems while you are away.
  • Get the right insurance for your destination and activities you are planning. A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to free or reduced rate medical care in most EU countries. You can apply for one free of charge online (, by phone (0845 606 2030) or by using a form from the post office. However, the EHIC is not a substitute for adequate holiday insurance.
  • Pack a first aid kit (a sterile kit of emergency equipment is a good idea if you are travelling to somewhere remote).

Find out about the place you are travelling – the Foreign office website ( contains up to date information and advice on travelling abroad. You may find information about protecting yourself in specific destinations from

For more information about coronavirus please go to NHS page
Coronavirus (Covid-19)