We only offer travel vaccinations that you are entitled to have free through the NHS – these are Hepatitis A, Typhoid and Tetanus / Diphtheria / Polio booster.
Please visit the National Travel Health Network and Centre website: https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries
- Click your country of destination from the A-Z search.
- Select the vaccinations section from the mini menu. Print this page.
- If a country has Malaria outbreaks then click on the Malaria link on the above website.
- Print this page.
Please bring all print-outs to the surgery when you attend for your appointment, which should be booked at least one month before travel.
We will only provide the vaccinations listed as “Recommended”, not the ones listed as “To be considered”.
The following vaccines are available free on the NHS for overseas travel and can be administered here at the practice:
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
The following vaccines are not normally available through the NHS for overseas travel:
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese encephalitis
- Meningococcal vaccines
- Tick borne encephalitis
- Yellow fever
IMPORTANT PRE-TRAVEL INFORMATION
- Make sure you have enough of any current medication to see you through your trip. This might include contraceptive pills, inhalers etc. You may also consider taking remedies for diarrhoea and/or travel sickness with you.
- A dental check up before you travel may prevent problems while you are away.
- Get the right insurance for your destination and activities you are planning. A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to free or reduced rate medical care in most EU countries. You can apply free of charge online by clicking here or by using a form from the post office. However, the EHIC is not a substitute for adequate holiday insurance. For more information on NHS website please click here.
- Pack a first aid kit (a sterile kit of emergency equipment is a good idea if you are travelling to somewhere remote).
Find out about the place you are travelling – the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website contains up to date information and advice on travelling abroad, to visit please click here.