We will write to you when you reach your 15th Birthday to invite you to make an appointment with our nursing team for a health check. You will be offered your final booster vaccination against tetanus/diphtheria and polio. This will provide lifelong protection against these infections.
We will also use this opportunity to talk about healthy lifestyle choices, diet, weight management, alcohol consumption and smoking. It is your time to bring up any issues that are worrying you.
We will also discuss how you can access information about contraception and sexually transmitted diseases. We recognise that not all young people will be ready to act on this information but feel it is important that young people are aware of the services we can offer.
Further information about contraception, relationships and sexual health services for young people please:
- visit http://www.sexwise.fpa.org.uk
- contact the surgery on 0117 965 3102
- use e-Consults: http://oldschoolsurgery.webgp.com/learn-contraception
- see videos guides: http://hcvideos.oldschoolsurgery.org.uk/contraception
- visit NHS page: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/which-method-suits-me
- see more videos on youtube: